Monday, December 15, 2014

Christmas Conference: (EP)

We had our Christmas Conference this week. It was so awesome. I can't even tell you how much intense happiness was in those few hours. I got back to my home land of Leicester and saw everybody from that zone and my old district and some old companions. Elder Lindquist and Elder Ferrell! I haven't been with him for like... a year!
 
So many pictures were taken. Some with a purpose, some just for fun.  For example. I took a picture with President Rasmussen and Elder Horgmo. It is cool, but I don't know why we did it. We just took our chance when it came I guess.
 
There is a lot of stuff that I need to work on. I'm seeing miracles as I'm striving to be more obedient. I've gotten lazy in some of my missionary habits. I decided I need to be a robot when it comes to the morning schedule. No thinking.
 
But when it comes to finding/teaching I need to be the best ME I can be and think all about others and love them like Christ would.
 
On Tuesday I was sick all day. I woke up in the middle of the night, threw up, and then stayed up for most of the night feeling like I was going to throw up. It didn't get much better until the next day. Elder Severe and I had some good time to think.
 
Wednesday was a lot better. I still wasn't 100% but I could go out and work. I went to Nottingham 4 with Elder Ashby to do a baptismal interview for one of their investigators (now a recent convert!) and we had a DA with the Stake President. That was nice.
 
Thursday was zone conference like I explained before.
 
Friday was filled with random stuff including decorating the Notts 2 chapel for the ward Christmas party.
 
Saturday was a miracle day. We  went and had lunch with our ward mission leader. That isn't the miracle but it was really nice. Then we went to see a media referral that we received on Friday. The guy requested a Book of Mormon and let us in! I've never actually seen a media referral turn into anything... although I have only received a couple through my mission.
 
Anyway, he is a really cool guy. Pray for him. His name is Thamir.
 
Then the day got weird because we went to a 1 year old's birthday party for a DA. Not what I had in mind, but not bad.
 
Then we taught a member in the ward.
 
Then we went to the ward Christmas party. It was pretty good. It is the first ward Christmas party I've seen have a band playing. The band was made up of ward members.
 
 
I haven't written this much in a long time. Wow it is exhausting. I need to workout my writing muscles.
 
Mom, I got my card thank you!
 
Prayer request: I'll be seeing my doctor again tomorrow, so pray that he will have questions for me about the Book of Mormon. Last time he happily accepted one so I'm thinking he is a bit interested. Christmas miracles can happen!
 
-Elder Jacob Packer

And a sweet picture of the only Lindon-ites in the EBM (Sam Harris, Jake Severe, Jake Packer)

Elder Jake Packer with former comp Elder Ferrell

Elder Jake Packer, Pres Rasmussen, and Elder Horgmo


Here is a picture of us decorating.

No comments:

Post a Comment