Monday, April 14, 2014

''I know that when I read the scriptures and pray, God makes my life easier.'' (SP)

Family,

It feels like I've been here for months already.  We've seen incredible miracles every single day.  If there's one thing that's been appreciated, it's that we've had THE nicest rejections I've ever experienced.  
Sister Brinck are teaching a man who owns the internet café shop who is Muslim but an INTENSE seeker of truth.  He reminds me of you mom :).  We're also teaching a man from Africa named Johnson who is awesome.  He's ready to learn more and take on the lessons.  Then there's a family named the Revkai's who are THE SWEETEST things on this planet.  Their home seems to already be filled with the Spirit.  Pray for them and these people.  Pray we'll know what to say when we teach them.
The fantasy of Disneyland village of Lahr is fading and reality is settling, but it's still remarkably beautiful.  We met SO many people yesterday!  All of them received our testimonies :). 
Sister Brinck is a boss.  She and I push each other to talk to everyone.  The work is so fun.  

I realized something this week that I would do with new investigators slash less actives.  When they'd talk about how they didn't have time in the scriptures to read or to pray, I'd nod my head trying to give them understanding.  I woke up this week and realized that that was ABSOLUTELY against my calling as a representative of the Lord for me to do.  What do I do every day and with fear before the Lord knowing that if I don't, time is lost, opportunities passed, hearts uncomforted?  I read my guts out in the scriptures and words of the prophets.  I pray to my Father in Heaven until my heart feels peace and my mind is the mind the Christ.  I realized that that one moment when I show them that I too believe that it's unhindering to slack off in reading and praying, I'm teaching against my Creator who gave us the commandment.  It's NOT unhindering.  That is the step back down the slippery slope. 
I know that not everyone struggles with this.  But I know, even growing up in the church, I did not establish my  testimony of reading and praying every single day until I was 19 years old.  NINETEEN.  But for you my family, I'd like to share my testimony that I would need if I were in that situation.  

I came up with some power statements that the Lord's taught me to use on the street that are pieces of my testimony.  ''I know that when I read the scriptures and pray, God makes my life easier.''  ''I know that when we make time to read in the scriptures and pray, that's when it happens.  We can't leave it to chance.''  The ''too busy'' excuse is THE DUMMEST, most distracting, misleading, slimiest of lies that ever crawled out of the hole of Satan's falsehoods.  I've come to learn that the ''too busy'' comes when I don't read in the scriptures and pray to my Father in Heaven who loves us.

Friends and family, with all my love, forget that trash about how you don't have time for those things.  You can't afford not to make time.  I know that your life will be easier if you read and with real intent and with intelligence give everything to the Lord.  It is the only intelligent thing to do.  We cannot become an enth of a degree on our own of what we could become with God.  It simply is the truth.  It simply is the only intelligent thing to do.
I know this church is true.  I know the prophets are essential for us during these times.  In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
Loves!
Sister Coco Packer

These pictures are in Lahr, Germany.  Nicole said in her last letter "I live in Disneyland!!"  How beautiful!!





No comments:

Post a Comment