Monday, March 10, 2014

I've got a companion from Finland! (EP)

Dear Everybody,

Transfer Dodge: I'm staying in Cwmbran B. And my new companion is Elder Jones! A very welsh name for a Finnish bloke... "Why?" you ask? because his Dad is from Wales. He was actually born in Cardiff.  He's awesome! And he's taller than me by a long shot. He's new into the field so I'm training him. Hopefully he lasts more than a month:) Just kidding, if anything, he'll be re-training me.  Based on the last few days with him I can tell he will be solid missionary. He already is!

Josh, Christian, Dad, Grandpa, Grandpa, Nicole, any advice on being a trainer?

We have a few people with the last name Jones in the ward and when they met him yesterday they went crazy. They love him!

Jameson Packer!!! Congrats on the mission call!!! That is so awesome!!! Does anyone know how to say Congratulations in Spanish? 

Andre Johnson!!! You don't have yours yet... unless you do and you're holding out on me. If you are I'm going to pop over there and give you a good whippin! It sufficeth me to say that I'm dying to know where you're going. 

Anyone else that gets mission calls please let me know! It is so great to hear about them. Maybe some of you will be coming to the EBM! aka Earth's Best Mission!

One brother in our ward took us out to a carvery on Tuesday because Elder Ferrell was leaving. Here is a picture of a proper British Breakfast. Mom! You can't see it in the picture but I had a couple of those boiled half tomato things... They were alright... and the eggs, they were ok too. I definitely prefer the sausages.

Now we are just hanging out in the Library in Cwmbran. I've been here for 3 months and I'll be here for 3 months more. My work here isn't Finnished yet (see what I did there). 

Much love to all! Thanks for the emails, prayers, letters, and random moments of remember me! 

Damian update:  He is excited for General Conference! Aren't we all? Did I mention he has already read the Doctrine and Covenants? Keep him in your prayers. Mom, we'll be teaching him about Temples very soon. Even the Bishop was telling us to get him to the temple ASAP. We'll do our part!

-Elder Jacob Packer

P.S. I don't know if you can tell but I've gained a bit of weight. Like 15 pounds in the 6 months I've been out. Oh the joys of British puddings... :)

Here is a picture of a proper British Breakfast. Mom! You can't see it in the picture but I had a couple of those boiled half tomato things... They were alright... and the eggs, they were ok too. I definitely prefer the sausages. (From Mom--baked beans are a regular menu item for breakfast as well.)

My new companion is Elder Jones! A very welsh name for a Finnish bloke… (3-10-14)

There are many many many pigeons here in town center. This one was hanging around to eat the crumbs from my lunch. (From Dad:  Notice it is a BANDED pigeon--whose might it be?  Lost during a race perhaps?)

No comments:

Post a Comment