Monday, March 31, 2014

Part of a Short Letter From Jake To Lydia… (EP)


 This is a letter to Lydia that Jake sent…I'm just including a few parts of it, since he didn't write a general letter to the family on March 31 and I wanted to keep the personal stuff personal : ).  It's so fun to see what good friends these two are--what a gift to have children like these (still wonder how they turned out so good!).  In the letter you'll realize that Choir Tour ended up being over General Conference weekend--which doesn't happen very often if ever--hence the mentioning of watching or listening to Conference while on tour.
Dear Lydia,

What? It is time for choir tour already?? What the? When did that happen? I literally got this intense surge of excitement when I thought about going on Choir Tour. "its like rising up, this is so exciting". Complete with a flash back of photos from choir tour. Whew, what a rush.

Yes! Watch conference! Trend setter! Of course as long as it is in a situation that it is appropriate. Sunday-Clothes attitude. 

Haha General Conference. Wilcock will be getting a lot of harassment for that one.  

KENNY!!! Holy cow tell that kid that I love him! No, that isn't enough. Everyone loves Kenny. Tell him...  Congratulations my man! Honestly Kenny is one of the greatest people I've ever known. I wish I knew him better. 

Thank you for the mission call update! It is crazy to think that the next wave is coming out soon! It doesn't feel like it was too long ago that I was introducing you to the cafeteria on your first day as a sophmore... even though I always thought you were a junior anyway. 

…(Talk, talk, talk about the miracles in our lives…then Jake answers Lydia)..
I like the way you see it. The Lord makes so many miracles happen that we don't even see. It is like a talk that John Bytheway gave. In it he asked "How many times have you said the closing prayer and asked to go home safely, and you actually got home safely?" And that is something that we actually ask for. There are tons of things that we don't even think to ask about that he just gives us. 

We are just little tykes in his eyes and there is a lot that we don't know. The Lord provides.

Love,

Elder Jake Packer 

No comments:

Post a Comment