Monday, March 24, 2014

Week #? (EP)

Dear Family and Friends,

I don't really know how long I've been out, but I don't want to. I just want to work hard and live in the moment. 

Making the most of every moment is so much better than worrying about the next day or the next few hours. If every moment is like building a foundation for the next one, I want to make each moment awesome! It could be applied to each day or each week as well.

First of all, thank you all for your emails! I feel so loved! I haven't been able to respond to all of them this week but don't worry, I'll respond next week!

This week has been really fast, but hasn't seemed to yield to much fruit. Though our numbers aren't the most important thing in the work, we do need to get them higher. I'm getting stoked for this week! We have a lot of appointments coming up and Elder Jones is going to do a lot of teaching! Of course I will be teaching as well, it is just that he hasn't had much of an opportunity to teach so far.

What else happened... We got haircuts since last week. Elder Jones is too tall so he hits his head on the light fixture in the hallway of our flat, haha I try not to laugh but you wouldn't think that it would keep on happening:) Elder Jones and I have some good times. He is crazy in a good way! That silent/exhausted Elder that I met on day one has really morphed into a whole new Elder. He's come out of his shell and he is ready to baptize the nations and have fun doing it. 

Advice: have specific topics when you study. I've picked a specific topic to study in the scriptures almost each day this week and it is so fulfilling! I feel like I'm learning things instead of reviewing them. Do the "scripture study" boxes in Preach my Gospel. Go through the scriptures, write the reference and write one line of what it says in your own words. Then, at the end write two lines about what you learned about the topic. 

If you are the same as me, you will constantly be saying "Oh that's where that scripture is!". I feel like I'm re-learning these things. It is great because I'm going to continually help people learn them. I may as well re-learn it every time so that I can relate to their experience.

Love, 
Elder Jacob Packer

here is a picture, kind of a flash back into two transfers ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment