Monday, September 15, 2014

Hello from.....Lahr! (SP)

Hello from.....Lahr!

It's been a great week.  Sent off a wonderful Swiss Canadian companion, and received a wonderful, humble, South Jordanite named Sister Bawden!  She is 19 and incredibly sweet and humble.  She trusts and follows contently with a great big smile on her face.  She speaks German more often than I do!  She's amazing and learning so fast.  It's going to be a great 2 transfers!

Sister Bawden said something to me our first day together that really touched me.  She said, ''Ich hoffe dass du weiß, du bist meine Beispiel.''  Translated she said, ''I hope you know that you are my example.''  It was said so sweet, and I wonder if she meant, I hope you know I'm grateful for you as my example or something like that, but however meant, it struck me with great significance.  I am her example.  My example determines the culture that develops here in this mission.  It determines the influence of future companions of hers as well.  It starts with the trainers.  It's been so humbling and entirely rewarding to be able to show her the where abouts of this little city of Lahr.  I thought I was spoiled the last two training rounds with companions who could already speak German!  It was a blessing to learn German then, and now with Sister Bawden, a truly a humble, tender Spirit, we're ready to love and serve these wonderful Germans!  (And Iranians, Russians, Turkans, Romanians, Nigerians, Cameroonians...etc)  

We've officially dropped our last investigator two days before Sister Bawden came.  We, like Elder Packer in Westcotes, England, will be focusing on finding and encouraging the members with their family mission plans so they can find they're friends who are ready!

I've learned this week more than anything about trusting in the Lord, and also in the attributes of Christ.  I encourage you, reader, to go and study today in Preach My Gospel chapter 6.  I love this chapter so much.  I'm studying Obedience this month.  The section on obedience is so powerful:

''As a [member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints], you are expected to keep the commandments willingly, to obey...and to follow the counsel of your leaders. Obedience is the first law of heaven. It is an act of faith. You may sometimes be required to do things you do not completely understand. As you obey, you increase in faith, knowledge, wisdom, testimony, protection, and freedom. Strive to be obedient to the Lord, [and] the living prophet...''  (emphasis added)

I know that obedience is the first law of heaven.  I know that all things work out, and we have peace when we willingly obey.  I'm....I'm so grateful that the Lord was patient and waited....waited until I could understand this principle.  It's brought be more peace than any other aspect of the work here.  I testify that God loves us.  His love means dicsipline, with patience; chastisement with wisdom and an increased love.  In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Love Sister Packer


Sister Hemmi, on the way to the Train station.


Sister Appel coming with us on our last JT with Reiner....not ready yet....but later!​
Part of our Distrikt (Me, Sister Hemmi, Sister Bignall, Elder Bignall, Elder Samuelson, Elder Jensen)​
Us at Mission Leadership Council with the Zone Leaders Elder Allen and Elder Mickelson

Sister Bawden and I!
I added a picture of Nicole's niece Eden.  Nicole's reply:
Awwwww little baldy!!  LIke Josh!
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww SO CUTE I'M GONNA DIE!!!



I also sent a small video of her niece Andelyn squinting her nose.  Again, classic Nicole reply:
OH MY GANDI.  That was the CUTEST thing of my LIIIIFFFFEEEE.  I watched it about 10 times in a row.  I'll watch it again.  Cutie little...rrr.. I just wanna eat her!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment