Monday, April 20, 2015

You said Naaahhh! Made my day! (Letter to Daddy Packer) (SH)

So first comment! You said Naaahhh! Made my day! I can't even get over it. I am glad to hear that Grandpa and Grandma are doing well. I am glad that you were able to share that experience. I know that by being obedient even when it seems a little weird we will be immensely blessed. It's crazy to think that something like that could have such a huge impact on the way families are raised. 

I remember when mom was talking to me about Joseph Smith because I didn't know if he was a true prophet but I knew the Book of Mormon was true. Which that post is so true because I had to humble myself and ask instead of just saying that it doesn't make sense and thats just the way it is and that I'm not capable of knowing it for myself. Dang shes good. That is good insight as well. We actually had a really interesting contacting experience on Tuesday. I will send it to you later because we have half our emailing time now and half later so I'll send it then but we learned the lesson of not being able to save everyone. But it goes with this because when we first met the guy (Roger) we could have easily just turned away because he was rude to us at first. 

I like that you pointed out that its often the result of one specific circumstance or event. Its so weird to think how one persons bad experience will affect how they think about that thing forever. If they choose that. We had someone online we were chatting with, his name is Keith. At the end of the chat he gave us his emails and things but before he got off he thanked us for being nice to him. He said that he had a bad experience with Mormons and that he had thought of all of them being that way ever since. But he said that he felt really comfortable talking to us and that we didn't make him feel like we were just trying to get him baptized. It was really nice. Its crazy how we are so quick to judge at first but then when we see the full picture it is actually something quite nice. 

Kinda like the plan for us here on earth. We look at it and judge it all the time. We ask God why when really we should be asking him How. How and What. What is it that you want me to do and How is it that you would like me to do it. When we have that mentality about how God works He works miracles. 

I hope you have a great week! I think I emailed mom back but it may have been to her old email. I also sent her a mothers day package. So hopefully she gets it before mothers day but if she doesn't will you let her know to be watching for it. Let her know I did respond hah but Ill send it to her other new email. 

I love you,
Kori

No comments:

Post a Comment