Monday, October 7, 2013

General Conference (in Germany)! (SP)


Family,

First of all, was General Conference not so AMAZING?!  I watched the first session in German and it was so neat!  I LOVE this language.  I definitely didn't understand every word, but it was truly beautiful.  I never knew this, but President Uchtdorf has done some of the translating!  He translated for President Eyring as he conducted and also translated his own talk!  It was incredible!  His German is so beautiful and all the expression was there as President Uchtdorf does but in German!  What a beautiful blessing to understand HIS mother tongue!  I can only immagine how neat that is for him!

President Packer looked so lively.  It brought so much joy to my heart and of course tears.  I don't know if you were there family, but I tried to spot you out after the session ended!  It's so neat to actually be here in Europe watching Conference.

I wanted to share a few thoughts about Faith this week.  I've not actually been studying it specifically (my companion has haha), but I in turn have learned so much about it.  I've learned how much I set my own expectations on the Lord and His work.  I've never been so honest with myself and said, ''Yes, I really didn't believe that would happen, so it didn't.''  The Lord can give us the faith but I get to ask for it too!  As President Uchtdorf said, ''Doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith.''  Keep pushing forward.  Be honest with Heavenly Father.  Open your eyes to his miracles and mercy.

I also have been learning about prayer.  I can't even begin to describe how important I've realized it is.  It is absolutely paramount.  Without prayer, we don't have a testimony.  Without prayer, we don't know the Book of Mormon is true.  Without prayer we don't know God exists.  Without prayer, we don't receive blessings through the Priesthood.  We don't do the work for the dead.  Without prayer we don't know who we really are.  We don't receive Patriarchal Blessings.  We don't receive baptismal covenants!  We don't receive the Gift of the Holy Ghost!  Without prayer, Christ could not perform the Atonement that was created for you and for me.  Without prayer, we cannot be filled with the love of God which as Nephi puts it, IS the filling of our very soul (1 Nephi 11:22).  If there is anything, ANYthing amiss in your life, anything missing or misunderstood, take it in prayer to the Lord.  He will give you understanding, whether to be patient, or what you are supposed to learn.  He will give you comfort.  He will help you to laugh.  He is your Father.  Of all the names of Glory He could be called, He asks to be called ''Father.''  Go to him as His child.  I know He'll answer your prayers and wants to.  He's waiting to!  I want to leave my testimony of this in the name of His Son, Jesus Christ, for it is only through Him that I know this and that I have my testimony, in His name, Amen.

All my love and diligence.

Sister Nicole Elizabeth Packer,
for that's how I was named by my parents through prayer as a daughter of Heavenly Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment