Monday, January 27, 2014

I'm still here (The Kid for those who have seen that movie) (EP)

Dear people,

I'm staying here in Cwmbran for another Transfer! I am stoked!

My reasons for being stoked:

1. I didn't have to pack.

2. I get to be with Elder Ferrell for another transfer!

3. Miracles are happening and I want to be here to see how they turn out. Mostly it has been finding people who are ELECT!

The best thing we did this week: Went on splits with the members. We split up on Tuesday afternoon. I went down to the south half of our area with Brother S. and Elder Ferrell went up North with Brother H. Both in cars.  

We had appointments scheduled in both areas, but we came prepared with a list of people we could visit in case the lessons flogged. Back up plans are a great idea. We spent the next hour and a half going from investigator to less-active to investigator. Brother S. and I didn't get into any doors, but we did get a great new potential investigator that we will teach this week.

Up North they were able to teach two lessons and contact some investigators! 

No matter how it works out, one can have success if they are doing their best. Brother S. and myself weren't able to teach any lessons but we visited a few people on the doorstep and ruled out some potential investigators. That saves us time in the future.

Time is precious, and plans are the best way to use it in the best way possible. 

Other news: We got a new greenie in our district! He is from New Zealand. Man... It is weird to see someone younger than me (in mission terms). Especially to have them in the district.  

Our goal is to have 2 baptisms this transfer. Now I'm accountable to you ALL. We believe it can happen if we do our best. I've never had a baptism before so I'll let you know how it feels when it happens! Greenie Faith! It is possible to have it even when you are not a greenie.

To all you future missionaries:

Elder Ferrell and I have been asking people this question a lot "If you could ask God one question what would it be?"
95% of the answers have been this: "Why do bad things happen?" or "Why are there so many wars and murders etc. etc.".

I want each and every one of you to figure out what you would tell them. How would you use the scriptures and Preach My Gospel to answer their question?

Let me know what you come up with, I could use some suggestions. 

I know that if you study the scriptures and PMG for answers to questions you can find them. Find those answers NOW. Your testimony and answer will be personal and might only make sense to you, but if you DO have an answer and you've found it in the Gospel of Jesus Christ, you can tell other people where to find their answer. One definition of a testimony I've come up with is this: Telling somebody else that you've found treasure and telling them how they can find some.

People sometimes just want you to give them your treasure, share it with them, but that won't do any good. They need to dig for it, and discover it. Then they will appreciate it and they will recognize its value. 

I love you all! 

-Elder Jacob Packer (Cwmbran, Wales)



Here is a picture of me after a really really really wet day. If you can't tell I'm completely soaked and I'm squeezing water out of my gloves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment