Monday, July 21, 2014

Hello! We're killing it as a district here in Leicester! (EP)

I'm not sure why I sent that first bit without this bit. I blame the computer I'm using. Some of these internet cafes are dodgy. As I was saying. Our district is doing awesome! We've been doing really well with our goals, and on average I think we've nearly doubled the number of lessons taught.

Elder Shaw and I are doing swell. Today we were GQ'd by this guy named Gary. yeah, He stopped Elder Shaw and I was coming up behind him. Basically the story is that this guy had the six discussions years ago and just didn't go to the church on his baptismal date. He wants to be taught again and move forward with it. (Angels were singing in the background).

It makes me think that we were in the right place at the right time. Even though it is P-Day and wedidn't have to proselyting at the time, in fact we were heading to the chapel to have District P-Day,we were still being blessed. We found out he lives in another ward's boundaries, but hey, that is one baptism that will be happening in the Leicester Zone! Seriously, I can't even believe that it happened. 

What is the lesson to be learned here? I'm not sure yet. Just make sure you thank the Lord for blessing you with these sorts of things!

Keep praying for Carole. She is on a baptismal date for the 9th of August. PRAY PRAY PRAY that she has the strength to live the Word of Wisdom. She came to a baptismal service on Saturday night and loved it. She is really considering this stuff. All in good time. Prayers can only help.

Jacob's status hasn't really changed yet. 

Ok, I'm not sure what is going on but this computer is freaking out. I better send this before it all gets deleted or something. 

I'm grateful that you are doing well, keep me updated about the random happenings. 

Honestly, I don't even know what is happening here in our area. The Lord is definitely in charge here because we couldn't possibly be making all of this stuff work on our own. 

-Elder Jacob Packer

No comments:

Post a Comment