Monday, December 23, 2013

I'm now in Cwmbran! (EP)

Hey everyone! Merry Christmas! Nadolig Llawen! (welsh)

This last Tuesday was crazy! We knew we were going to get a call about what was going to happen to me since Elder Eppel was headed home but we didn't know when. When we did get it from the AP's this is what we found out:

I would be moving up to the Cwmbran B area. My new companion would be Elder Ferrell (Kaysville, UT) and Newport B would close down. At least until the end of the transfer.

I packed all of my stuff, visited a bunch of our investigators, made a bunch of calls to members in the ward and now I'm in Cwmbran!

Elder Ferrell has only been out 1 transfer longer than me. It has been one of the best weeks of my mission getting to know that guy!  He is awesome, I'm blessed to be working with him. Miracles are happening. I have a firm testimony that miracles happen simply when we do what we're told. Just getting out of the flat on time, talking to the people we see, and doing our best to share our message. It is pretty simple, and miracles happen if you ask for them.

I'm sad to leave Newport, especially right before Christmas thinking it would be hard to feel comfortable here in a new area right off. I've been blessed a lot though, this area has been great, my companion is amazing, the ward is SUPER nice and we've got more little chocolate treats than Elder Ferrell and I can handle. I feel right at home.

I hope Christmas is going well for all of you out there! Remember to give! Yep, that same old Christmas message we hear every year. It's true that it brings happiness! Try it out!

Family!! I'm so excited to see all of you!! Holy Shnork! I wouldn't count on an English accent, or even a welsh one. Basically Utah'n with less harsh R's. I guess you can judge for yourself on Wednesday.

Elder Jacob Packer





Elder Eppel went home, We had Christmas Conference, and we dressed up as shepherds for the Cwmbran ward activity "a Night in Bethlehem"

No comments:

Post a Comment