Monday, June 30, 2014

I'm going AP! Just kidding. I think I'm staying here in Westcotes. (EP)

Dear Everybody,

I'm NOT going AP. I think I'll be staying here in Westcotes for another two transfers, one more with Elder Shaw and then I will carry over the area. We'll know what is happening next transfer tonight when we get the DODGE CALL!

Well that's about it for this week. 















PSYCHE. Threw you for a loop didn't I?

Sorry, I'm in one of those moods. For real though, this week has been good. We got an AWESOME investigator named Sam who is a complete miracle. We had met him once before at a social event at our church building and I didn't get his phone number from him. I've been praying that he would come back into our sights. He called us on Tuesday using a friends phone asking why we hadn't contacted him. He wants contact from us. 

We taught him 3 times this week. The first two times were really short lessons with another investigator as well. The last one though was just him. we taught a proper Restoration lesson. It seems like I haven't prayed earnestly during a lesson for a long time. I prayed really hard.

The spirit was there. He enjoyed it, and when we finished testifying about the Book of Mormon he said something like "Ok. That is very encouraging. very encouraging. I want to read it now that I know more about it."  That is the first time an investigator has told me that they WANT to read it. 

The Bitter-Sweet part is that we found out on Saturday, when we taught him the third time that he lives in the De Montfort ward boundaries. The De Montfort missionaries will be teaching him. It's ok though. I trust that the Lord knows what he is doing. But I would really like to keep teaching Sam:) 

Quote of the week:
"You can count the seeds in an apple but you cannot count the apples in a seed."
-Sister Mann

Our other investigators are dwindling. We need to keep finding otherwise we'll have nobody to teach in a couple of days. 

Please pray for 
Sam (He is the gentle giant from Kenya) and
 
Elder Shaw (He's sick) and
 
Carole (A strong willed woman who has had loads of trials in her life. She wants to find faith but has struggled with coming to church and has not read the B.of M.) and

Altia (A nurse from Jamaica who loves kids and works crazy hours to support her family) Thanks!

-Elder Jacob Packer

No comments:

Post a Comment